Weather Alert

Home in rural Clear Lake damaged by fire

CLEAR LAKE — A house in rural Clear Lake was damaged by fire Monday night.

The Clear Lake Fire Department says they were dispatched shortly after 8 o’clock to 9050 B 300th Street for a possible fire in the attic of the home. On arrival, firefighters started to search the ceiling area around a wood burning fireplace chimney pipe in the attic. Firefighters found burning insulation and some ceiling rafters that had burned completely through, with smoke from the smoldering insulation filling the attic.

The home, owned by George Bennett, suffered about $12,000 in damage. The fire remains under investigation.

Connect With Us