Fire destroys home on Clear Lake’s south shore
CLEAR LAKE — Fire has destroyed a home on the south side of Clear Lake. The Clear Lake Fire Department says they were called to 15274 Pascal Street at about 1:55 Monday morning after an initial report of flames seen coming out of the home with the possibility of a neighboring home starting to catch fire. On arrival, firefighters found flames coming out of the front side of the home through a sliding glass door with no extension to homes close by. Firefighters quickly knocked down the fire, preventing further spread to neighboring homes. An initial investigation found that the fire started due to an overheated power cord to a window air conditioner, and the home and contents were considered a total loss. The home is owned by Dean Schaefer of rural Mason City and was being rented by Zeb Reisinger.