Dryer fire damages Mason City home

MASON CITY — Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish a dryer fire at a Mason City home on Monday afternoon.

The Mason City Fire Department says they were dispatched to 116 Meadow Lane at about 12:56 PM. Fire crews on arrival found the home’s resident outside and smoke coming from the home. Firefighters were able to make quick access to the dryer in the basement and extinguished the fire. The fire was contained to the dryer with smoke and water damage to the room, with the dryer being removed outside the house.

The Fire Department says the fire started in the dryer and was accidental in nature. They stayed at the home for about 90 minutes.